Welcome to sizing prosthetic jewellery with Goldfinger. There are a few recommendations that we make when deciding on sizing yourself at home.
- Use the ring sizer we sent you to find what size of ring feels comfortable on your remaining finger. You should look for a size that is comfortable and a bit loose. A too snug of fit can cause more issues than a touch loose as the finger will swell.
- We recommend a prosthetic ring to be 70% the length of the original finger so compare with the opposite hand if possible and or estimate your original length in mm and multiply that measurement by 70% or .7. Measure from your palm side up and from the middle of the furrow between your palm and finger to the tip of your original finger length.
- With these measurements written down, proceed to find a design you like, or would like something similar to, and hit "request a quote".
- Fill out the form with as much detail and information as you can, the more the better. There is an upload an image button where you can upload a file or image from your device. Please take this opportunity to send us pictures of your hand. The image/images of your hand can help us identify if you are needing additional sizing due to different amputations.
- We will get back to you with a quote based on your information provided and will most likely want to set up a meeting or call to work out all the details or your request. If you would like to have a meeting before requesting a quote, that is an option and would help clarify things for you before requesting a quote.